Deciding Priorities - Which products to concentrate on and
which to run down.
Influenced by - Segmentation of markets, the goods supplied to
Market Segmentation - Means of discovering product/customer
equations sufficiently large in volume and profit potential to be
worth while investing in.
- Must be sure you are looking at the right segment
- Range marketing must cater for genuine consumer needs
Consumer Goods/Industrial Goods - Correct sector, In right
form for sector.
New product development strategy - Considerations: Will it
succeed? How much will it cost? Can it be handled by existing
resources? Is money better spent elsewhere?
- The need for disciplined planning
- Shortcomings of forecasting techniques
- The demands for more ambitious targets