Bellzona's Picture Book
The Joneses - One
returned to Arkansas
Watkins and his Spouse Walsie Jones, who was the daughter of William
Stephens Jones and Mary Ann DeWitt
Piece was born December 11, 1866. He died
December 28, 1936 at seventy years of age. He was the son of William
Henry Watkins and Lucinda Scoggings. Pierce married Walsie in
Coffeeville, Kansas. He is buried at the Maple wood cemetery in Harrison,
Walsie, Pierce's wife, wss
born May 29, 1871 at Valley Springs, Arkansas. She died August 26, 1940 at
the age of 69. She is buried at the Maple Wood Cemetery.
Walsie and Pierce having
been married at Coffeeville, Kansas because it was a town not far from
where her mother and father lived, Bartlesville, Oklahoma.
Pierce and Walsie's
children were born on the family farm close to Harrison, Arkansas where
they had settled. These are their nine children:
1. Ernest Watkins, born 1888
2. Emory Eugene b. October 3, 1890. Died 1963. Married Minnie Wilson
3. Ruby Watkins, b. September 13, 1892. Died 1979, Pasadena, Ca. m.
4. Alf O. b. 1895, d. February 23, 1955, m. Mima Young.
5. Birdie Lou b. February 13, 1897. D. November 7, 1978.
6. William Henry b. August 15, 1899. D. February 28, 1941
7. Virginia T. "Virgie" b. 1902, d. September 20, 1969.
Spouse 1: George Baughman
Spouse 2. Ken Billinger
8. Jefferson Floyd, b. November 6. Died April 16, 1979
9. Bertha, died in infancy.
This comment system requires
you to be logged in through either a Disqus account or an
account you already have with Google, Twitter, Facebook or
Yahoo. In the event you don't have an account with any of these
companies then you can create an account with Disqus. All
comments are moderated so they won't display until the moderator
has approved your comment.