is a small fishing village situated in the southeast corner of the
parish, on the estate of Clashfarquhar, formerly owned by the Thomsons
of Banchory, but now by the University of Aberdeen.
Morison, in his
Account of the Parish in 1792, states that
only one yaul fished from the village in that year. There are now six
boats, employing twenty-seven hands, engaged in the haddock fishing,
which is the only industry the inhabitants engage in.
coast in the neighbourhood is particularly rocky, and many a vessel has
been wrecked in the vicinity.
1640, when Aberdeen was invested by the Earl Marischal, many of the
citizens sought shelter among the rocks along the coast, where they
suffered much privation.