ST. COLME, Baron, a title
in the peerage of Scotland, conferred in 1611, on Henry Stewart, second
son of James, Lord Doune, and brother of “the bonny earl of Moray.” He
got from his father the abbey of St. Colme in the Firth of Forth, and
the lands thereto belonging. The charter is dated 23d August 1584. By
special favour of James VI. He had a charter of the monastery of St.
Colme’s Inch, and the lands of the same, erected into the temporal
lordship of St. Colme, with the title of a lord of parliament, 7th March
1611. He died 12th July 1612. His son, James, second Lord St. Colme, a
colonel in the service of Gustavus Adolphus, king of Sweden, died
without issue, when the title and estates devolved upon the earl of
Moray, in which family they still remain.