The Mackinnons were one of
the powerful clans in Skye. Among the Uigg settlers of 1829 were Malcolm
Mackinnon and his wife, formerly Miss Campbell, both from Skye. They had
issue, among others:
1. ALEXANDER, d. Mar. 5, 1887, aged 68, married Jessie Macdonald, Uigg, d.
Jan. 30, 1899, aged 79, with issue:
1. ARCHIBALD, married,
2. MARY, wife of Donald Nicholson;
3. ANGUS, unmarried;
4. CATHERINE, wife of Alexander MacLeod, Jr., Master Mariner, Orwell, with
5. MARGARET, wife of Mr. Coles, Gardiner, Maine, with issue;
6. ANNE, wife of Mr. Murray, Lynn, Mass., with issue;
II. WILLIAM, married
Katherine Nicholson, Orwell Cove, sister of Angus Nicholson, with issue:
1. DONALD A., b. Feb. 21, 1863, d. April 20, 1928, K.C., M.P.,
Lieut.-Gov., P.E.I., married Miss Owen, Georgetown, with issue: Beatrice,
2. BELLA, wife of Alexander Bruce, Valleyfield, with issue, among others,
3. MARGARET, wife of George Hammond Brehaut, Little Sands, with issue:
Ernest (M.A. Dal., Ph.D. Col.); Alder (LL.B. Dal.); Cora (B.A. McGill) ;
Hammond (B.A. Dal.); Lester (M.D. Dal.); Louis (B.A. Dal. Oxon.), Elsie,
John, and Louise;
4. CHARLES, b. Aug. 10, 1858, d. Oct. 28, 1911, married Mary Dockerty, d.
Feb. 11, 1912, aged 46, Victoria Cross, with issue: Florence and William,
twins; Jean and Louise;
5. ARTEMAS (M.D. McGill), Omaha, Nebraska;
6. ELIZABETH, b. Nov. 18, 1865, d. April 25, 1907, wife of Murdoch E.
MacLeod, Uigg, with issue;
7. JOHN, unmarried, deceased;
8. MALCOLM, unmarried, deceased.