MARCHING with the lands of
Carwhin, on the west, is the four-merk land of Kiltyrie. It is now in one
holding, but was formerly divided into two portions of equal extent, Easter
and Wester, and these were again subdivided into several possessions. The
feus of the Crown lands on Loch Tayside were acquired by Sir Colin Campbell,
fifth laird of Glenorchy, who died in 1583.