Stories from our WebBoard
you're really a Mum When
- You count the number of sprinkles on
each kid's cupcake to make sure they are equal.
- You want to take out a contract on the
kid who broke your child's favourite toy and made him/her cry.
- You have time to shave only one leg at
- You hide in the bathroom to be alone.
- Your child throws up and you catch it.
- You consider finger paint to be a
- You mastered the art of placing food
on a plate without anything touching.
- Your child insists that you read
"Once Upon a Potty" out loud in the lobby of the doctor's
office and you do it.
- You hire a baby sitter because you
haven't been out with your husband in ages, then you spend half the
night talking about and checking on the kids.
- You hope ketchup is a vegetable
because it's the only one your child eats.
- You find yourself cutting your
husband's sandwiches into unusual shapes.
- You fast-forward through the scene
when the hunter shoots Bambi's mother.
- You obsess when your child clings to
you upon parting during his first month at school, then you obsess
when he skips in without looking back.
- You can't bear to give away baby
clothes - it's so final.
- You hear your mother's voice coming
out of your mouth when you say, "Not in your good
- You stop criticizing the way your
mother raised you.
- You read that the average-five-year
old asks 437 questions a day and feel proud that your kid is
- You say at least once a day "I'm
not cut out for this job." but you know you wouldn't trade it
to WebBoard Story Index