1/4 cup (1/2stick) margarine or butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 can (about 16 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained Maraschino cherries
1 1/3 cups flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup shortening
3/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Melt margarine in square (9x9x2in) pan
3. Sprinkle brown sugar over margarine
4. Put pineapples on top of brown sugar mixture
5. Put cherries in centers of pineapple slices
6. Beat flour, granulated sugar, shortening, milk and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds scraping bowl, then beat with mixer on high speed 3 minutes. Pour batter over fruit mixture in pan.
7. Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick poked in center comes out clean. Immediately turn pan upside down onto heatproof serving plate. Let pan remain over cake a few minutes, then remove pan.
This comment system
requires you to be logged in through either a Disqus account
or an account you already have with Google, Twitter,
Facebook or Yahoo. In the event you don't have an account
with any of these companies then you can create an account
with Disqus. All comments are moderated so they won't
display until the moderator has approved your comment.