ruined remains of Burleigh Castle lie to the east of Milnathort in Perth
and Kinross and originate from the 15th century. Built on land occupied by
the Balfours since 1446, it is constructed of red sandstone and comprises
of two towers, the second dating from 1582. Of little architectural
appeal, it was important as a place of visit for King James IV. The castle
is now in the keep of Historic Scotland.
kindly supplied by Scot Travel